Monday, February 06, 2006

Super Bowl Commercials

My vote for favorite Super Bowl commerical has to go to the FedEx Caveman one. I guess I'm just a sucker for commercials where people come to a violent end. I also liked the Bud Light Rooftop commercial, taking particular delight when the toolbox landed on the guy's head at the end. Pagin Dr. Frued...

My runner-up was the Full Throttle commercial, I think it was taglined with "Get you man out" or something like that. I have no idea what Full Throttle is, and I think it was a bit stereotypical. but I thought it was a fun commercial. I especially loved the part where the two guys are running down the street with a stuffed shark. Again - probably just me, but for whatever reason that kinda random stuff appeals to me.

Now for the worst. Easy: Pizza Hut with Jessica Simpson. bad enough that the talentless hack (well, she does have talented large breasts according to her father which is just really creepy) can't write her own music and has to remake a Nancy Sinatra song for the Dukes of Hazzard movie. But then she has to turn around and sell THAT out to a pizza joint? Classless.

Runner up for worst: Gillette Mach 5 or whatever the hell that damn thing with five blades was called. I'm more offended by the product than the commercial, to tell you the truth. Do we really need five damn blades? In twenty years will there just be a board in the bathroom with 129 blades that we just rub our face against? And what the hell - didn't the old Norelco electric shavers have about thirty blades on each wheel? If more blades are better then why didn't those 90-blade buzzsaws stick around?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home