Sunday, February 19, 2006

Stop & Shop & Try Not To Stare At The Butt Crack

Last night I was on my way to see a friend's band. I had to take my wife's car, because my car is fairly old with leaks and it was too cold to have to scrape both the inside and outside of the windows.

Unfortunately, her car was low on gas, so I stopped at the Stop & Shop in Whitman to gas up. ($2.02/gal) I rolled in there at 9:50pm, ten minutes to spare. Pull up to the pump to pay at the pump. I put my card in, but its the wrong way. I wait and flip it over, but it still won't read. I wait for a few minutes for the machine to reset, and yet it still won't read the card and says "MUST PAY INSIDE."
Totally cold and frustrated, I go over to the booth and give the girl the card. Before I can say anything, she asks "How much?" I say "I want to fill it up." She says, "I don't know what that means."

???

So finally, she lets out a big tortured sigh, and gets up and runs across to the pump and puts my card in, and viola, it works. Without a word, she huffs back to the booth and turns the lights off on me. (at least 7 minutes before closing time)

Now, normally I would feel a bit embarassed about not being able to work a simple piece of technology, especially one I use quite frequently. Or annoyed at her attitude.

But not this time.

You see, she was wearing jeans that were so ill-fitting that they were exposing a minimum of three inches of butt-crack. When I first saw her get up in the booth, I did a double+take, thinking "I didn't see that right, and if I did, she'll quickly hike 'em up in a second."

Nope. As she was running across the tarmac to my car, it seemed all I could see were those three inches bouncing along to the car.

Oh, and to head off the questions that I've already heard: no, this wasn't the type of butt-crack that should have been exposed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home