Thursday, July 06, 2006

Fried Spam

I love going through my SPAM filter just to see the bizarre ways they'll try to get your attention.
For example, adding a "RE:" to is to make you think you initiated contact. I got one today that said:

"RE: Female Gushing Orgasm"

Now, let's see...I don't seem to remember sending out any email with the title "Female Gushing Orgasm." I am pretty sure that one would have stood out. I may have sent one to my wife that said "Can You Pick Up Milk At The Store" but I am sure this was quite different.

My other favorite tactic is to intentionally mangle the subject. I actually got one that combined both:
"RE: 3ff3ctive M3dicine C0uld B3 Ch3ap!"

Whoa! I must be really spacing out. I really don't remember sending out anything where I decided to elude the Homeland Security officials reading my email with the oh-so-clever code of changing all my e's to 3's. I could get farther with a ceral-box decoder ring.

All in all, though, I hope the government screeners enjoyed my emails about F3mal3 Gushing 0rgasms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home