Saturday, July 01, 2006

Stupidest Thing I Ever Did

I just posted this on a comedy forum and figured I'd re-post it here...

In college I went looking for my roomate. He liked a girl on the sixth floor of MacDonald Tower (UMiami), so I checked there first. Neither of them are there so I was chatting with her roomate. There was an ironing board in the middle of the room with an iron on it and I walked over to it and said, "Is this thing on" while tapping it and finally tentatively pressing my hand to it. She said, "You jackass" thinking I was joking around but the sad part was I really wasn't.

Fast forward a couple of hours later. Still can't find my roomate. I go down to the 6th floor again. This time the girl he liked was there but she hadn't seen him. I see the iron and ironing board and say, "Jill - I did the stupidest thing ever earlier. I was talking to Andrea and said, 'Hey, is this thing on?'" - at that point i walked over to the iron and dramatically grabbed it full grip - no tentative test tapping.I observed three things at once: The freshly-ironed clothes that were not there before; Jill's look of utter horror; and the searing pain.

Somehow I had enough presence of mind to say "Correction: Second Stupidest Thing!" as I ran to the bathroom sinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home